The Event - Day 13

Friday, November 26, 2010

Well, yesterday was Thanksgiving and like many of you I sat down for a while to search through hundreds of pages of retail adds in hopes of finding a great deal on something to buy. What amazed me more than the sales was the time the stores actually opened. Midnight, 3AM, 5AM! What in the world are we doing getting up, or staying up all night, to shop for things that could be bought at the normal time of day? I can't answer that question definitively, but it sure has triggered a few questions: If the church scheduled a prayer vigil at Midnight or 3AM would I show up, let alone stand in line to get in the door? If I had the chance to buy food, water, or medical supplies for starving, hungry, or sick people at 30% or 50% off the regular price would I think it was as great of deal as the big screen T.V.? Would I stand in line in the cold freezing weather for anything Jesus asked me to do? Would I willing lose sleep for the Lord? Would I spend my money frenetically for God?

I wish the answer was an overwhelming yes, but the reality of my life is that my actions sometimes don't line up with my best intentions. Unfortunately, that means there is a serious gap between what I say I believe and what I would actually do. Which makes this 40-day journey all the more important for me. If I don't focus on Jesus, there are is plenty in this world to keep my attention in other places.

What about you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP