The Event - Day 11

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's almost Thanksgiving and as Christ followers we've got so much to thank the Lord for this season. I hope that you have a great celebration with all of your family and friends. 


As we continue on with "The Event" series I've got another great post for you to read from Luke 1:26-35.  This one comes from a lady in our congregation named Marlene Graham. Happy reading...


For nothing is impossible with God (v 37):  Isn’t it amazing we need reminding of this, at least I do.  I am in a season of my life once again that is presenting life’s challenges.  Our home has been under attack for a while now—in our marriage, with our kids, our finances, and even our health.  It is almost you get one situation under control and another pops up.  I am easily overcome by the list of circumstances.  God has been teaching me many lessons in the challenges but then this hit me once again.  I struggle with doubt and my thoughts turn to “will it be okay?” , “how can I do this?”, “how will it work out”,  and “why now, why me”   I can almost start to hyperventilate if I focus on the questions, uncertainties and challenges, but God just spoke to me in this passage and the words for nothing is impossible with God leapt off the page once again.  I say once again because apparently the very same words had spoken to me in a prior season as well as it is underlined in my Bible.  Too often I look at the circumstance and not my God.

God is omnipotent---ALL powerful.  I am reminded of Psalm 115:3
Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him.”  Or Isaiah 43:13 Yes, and from ancient days I am he.  No one can deliver out of my hand.  When I act, who can reverse it? . God has the power to deliver (Daniel 3:17); to fulfill promises (Ro 4:21); to make grace abound (2 Corinthians 9:8); to do immeasurably more then we ask (Ephesians 3:20); to subdue all things (Philippians 3:21); to save completely (Hebrews 7:25) and keep me from falling (Jude 24).   In times of my personal struggles and attack or if I turn on the news and look at the state of the world (not much different then the times being experienced in Mary’s day—wars, suffering, turmoil) God is there to remind me that nothing is impossible with God

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP